Scenery of Korea2010.11.15 11:56
Simgokseowon Lecture Hall

Designation No : Gyeonggi-do Tangible Cultural Asset No. 7
Period : 1650 (1st year of King Hyojong in Joseon Dynasty)
Location : 203-2, Sanghyeon-dong, Suji-gu, Yongin-si, Gyeonggi-do


심곡서원

지정번호 : 경기도 유형문화재 제 7호
시대 : 조선 효종 원년(1650)
소재지 : 경기도 용인시 수지구 상현동 203-2



Panorama of Simgokseowon
심곡서원 전경


[ Information ]
 It was established in 1650 (1st year of King Hyojong in Joseon Dynasty) to remember Jeongam Jo Gwang-jo,
a civil minister during the era of King Jungjong, and received a hanging board from the king in the year of establishment.
 It was renovated in 1673 (the 14th year of King Hyeonjong).

 It is one of 47 Seowons that were not closed down by Daewongun's order to eliminate Seowon during the era of King Gojong.

 Jo Gwang-jo was appointed by King Jungjong to remove the tyrannical rule of Yeonsangun and pushed for drastic reforms in cluding distribution of Hyangyak, elimination of Banjeonggongsinwihun and introduction of Hyeolyanggwa.

 However, his reformative policies were so radical that his political rivals including Nam Gon and Sim Jeong raised a riot called Gimyosahwa.
 In the wake of the riot, Jo Gwang-jo was sent into exile in Neungju, Jeolla-do and killed there.
 
 He was reinstated and appointed as Prime Minister in the early era of King Seon-jo and introduced to a Confucian shrine in 1610 (the 2nd year of Gwanghaegun) in addition to many other Seowons and shrines nationwide.

 There is Hongsalmun in the front of Simgok Seowon, and there are Oesammun, Ilsodang, Naesammun, Sau and Jangseogak in a slope.
 Its East Room and West Room were restored in 2008.
 Ilsodang (auditorium) is being used as an event venue and a place for meetings and discussions by scholars.
 A memorial service is held every February and August in Seowon, and offerings are 4 Byeon and 4 Du.

 His grave is located in a hill opposite the Simgok Seowon.


[안내]
 이 곳은 중종 때의 문신인 정암 조광조(1482~1519)를 기리기 위하여 효종 원년(1650)에
건립된 서원으로 그 해에 바로 사액을 받았다. 현종 14년(1673)에 강당이 중건되었다.

고종 때 대원군의 서원철폐령에도 훼철되지 않았던 전국 47개 서원 가운데 하나이다.

 조광조는 연산군 때의 폭정을 개혁하기 위하여 중종에 의하여 등용된 인물로,
향약 보급운동, 반정공신위훈 삭제, 현량과 실시 등 각종 개혁정책을 추진하였다.

 그러나 개혁의 내용이 지나치게 급진적이어서 훈구대신들이었던 남곤, 심정 등의
정치적 반격이라 할 수 있는 기묘사화가 일어났다.
 이 사화로 조광조는 전라도 능주로 유배가서 그곳에서 죽임을 당하였다.

 선조 초에 신원되어 영의정으로 추증되고 광해군 2년(1610)에 문묘에 종사되었으며,
전국의 많은 서원과 사당에 제향되었다.

 심곡서원 전면에는 홍살문이 있고 경사지에는 외삼문, 일소당, 내삼문, 사우, 장서각으로
이루어져 있으며 2008년에는 동·서재를 복원하였다.
 일소당(강당)은 원내의 여러 행사 및 유림의 회합과 학문의 강론 장소로 사용되고 있다.
 서원에서는 매년 2월과 8월 중정에 향사를 지내고 있으며 제품은 4변 4두이다.

 선생의 묘소는 심곡서원 맞은편 좌측 야산에 있다.




Simgokseowon guide map
심곡서원 안내도


Hongsalmun
홍살문


Oesammun
외삼문



There was a sign above the door that read "Simgokseowon"
문 위에 붙어 있는 심곡서원 팻말


 Taegeuk patterns are painted on the Oesammun
외삼문에 그려져 있는 태극 무늬


the rear of Dongjae
동재 뒷모습


Naesammun
내삼문


Jangseogak
장서각


the rear of Jangseogak
장서각 뒷모습
 

the rear of Ilsodang
일소당 뒷모습


Chisaje
치사제


Sadang
사당


Sajumun and Hyeopmun
사주문 과 협문

▲ Simgokseowon was fenced off from the street.
심곡서원 둘레로는 이런 울타리가 쭉 쳐져 있었습니다.

심곡서원, 경기도, 유형문화재, 조선, 효종, 용인, 수지, 상현동, 중종, 문신, 정암, 조광조, 현종, 고종, 대원군, 서원, 연산군, 향약, 현량과, 훈구, 기묘사화, 문묘, 영의정, 사림, 사당, 홍살문, 외삼문, 일소당, 내삼문, 사우, 장서각, 동재, 서재, 치사제, 사주문, 협문, 울타리, 둘레, Korea, Simgokseowon, Gyeonggi, tangible cultural asset, Joseon, Hyojong, Yongin, Suji, Sanghyeon, Jungjong, Jeongam, Jo Gwangjo, Hyeonjong, Gojong, Daewongun, Seowon, Hyangyak, Hyeonryanggwa, hungu, Gimyosahwa, 국사, 역사, history, Munmyo, Yeonguijeong, sarim, sadang, Hongsalmun, Oesammun, Ilsodang, Naesammun, Sau, Jangseogak, Dongjae, Seojae, Chisaje, Sajumun, Hyeopmun, fence, taegeuk, 태극

신고
Posted by 저수지

티스토리 툴바